My camera broke on my phone, so I don't really have many pictures to share. The only pictures that I have are of the selfie variety. Easter and General Conference has come and gone. It was a nice Holy Week and Easter Weekend thinking about Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that He made for each and every one of us. I finished listening to the book, "Considering the Cross", by John Hilton. It was a great book and I learned a lot. One particular part of the book that I have been thinking about is the part when he talked about the symbols of Easter. He spoke of the Robe, the Reed, and the Crown. The crimson robe is to remind us that Jesus entered the wine press alone. He, alone, bore the weight of every single grape. He did it for me. The Reed is to remind us that although it was given to Jesus in mockery, He really did contain the power to rule. He could have stopped everything...but he chose to stay. The crown, ma...
It's been a long 2 weeks! It's been so wonderful though and I am really not ready for the kids to go back to school tomorrow. I love having them home and I love having our freedom and no real responsibilities. Summer couldn't come soon enough! We found out this week that Grandpa Duncan had a stroke. We were all so sad. We all fasted for him and have been praying every day for his recovery. Even 7-year-old Mason, who has never fasted before, wanted to fast for Grandpa. He dd so well and I was so proud of him! We can hardly wait until June when we can visit Nana and Grandpa in person. I didn't realize it, but one of the days this week I did Walmart Pick-up (where I order things on-line and then the worker brings the groceries out to my car) and accidentally ordered A TON of these chocolate eggs! They truly are the best chocolate egg in the world, so I'm not really complaining...but what in the world are we going to do with the...
Today was President's Day, which meant that there was no work or school! I ran 6 miles at the gym this morning...felt pretty tired still. I guess I hadn't fully recovered from the run on Saturday. We went out to breakfast this morning. Lizzie brought her notebook where she is writing yet another story in. Her current story is a two-part story about a blind boy who wants to be a basketball player and a deaf girl who wants to be a dancer. I can hardly wait to read it. Lizzie is a writer at heart...she always has creative ideas streaming in her mind. I love that about her. Mason was grumpy and sad this morning. He couldn't make up his mind about what he wanted to order so Daddy chose for him. He wasn't too happy about that. We just let him have his tantrum. First world problems. The food was delicious! We gobbled it all up. Personally, I think mine was the best dish of all. I order...
Comments
Post a Comment